Becoming less insurance dependent can renew your love for dentistry! Dr. Dan Alleman from Denver, Colorado, is a real-life example of how dropping PPO plans and reducing insurance dependency can help you get back the passion you had for dentistry!
In this episode, Gary and Naren discuss how Dr. Dan Alleman joined Gary’s coaching program and successfully completed the process. Dr.Alleman was then able to help other dentists from Colorado to become less insurance dependent! He also started a private Facebook group to help them.
Dr. Dan Alleman invited Gary Takacs to Denver to do a presentation on “Proven plans to successfully drop PPO plans”. Tune into this episode to learn Gary’s observations during this presentation! Gary mentions that these are valuable lessons to dentists considering dropping PPO plans.
Gary also emphasizes how Ekwa Marketing has supported him throughout the years. If you would like to learn about how Ekwa Marketing can help your practice become thriving and profitable, you can visit,
- 00:00:50 – Introduction to the episode
- 00:01:18 – Quick Announcement (iLoveDentistry Business Summit)
- 00:02:19 – Naren talks about Dr. Dan Alleman, a client of Gary’s coaching program
- 00:03:35 – Gary gives us the backstory of Dr. Dan Alleman as his coaching client
- 00:05:01 – Dr. Alleman’s private Facebook group for Colorado dentists who are interested in dropping PPO plans
- 00:06:00 – Dr. Dan Alleman invites Gary to Denver to do a presentation on “Proven plans to successfully drop PPO plans”.
- 00:08:05 – Lesson 01: There’s a lot of interest in learning about reducing insurance dependence!
- 00:09:27 – Lesson 02: The most common question, “Can I do it here?”
- 00:10:42 – Lesson 03: Where do I start?
- 00:11:08 – The 3-step process of “Know Your Data – Step 1 in the 6-step Plan”.
- 00:11:48 – What’s your typical discount from your usual fee to the contracted fee?
- 00:12:40 – Insurance write-off calculator
- 00:14:24 – Lesson 04 – Generally, dentists are passionate about dentistry, but they are demoralized by insurance plans
- 00:15:54 – Coaching Strategy Meeting with Gary Takacs
- 00:17:32 – Dr. Dan Alleman’s renewed love for dentistry after becoming less insurance dependent